Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eggnog Cream pie


I know it's a little early for eggnog but as soon as it hits the shelves it's in my fridge.  I love eggnog.  Eggnog flavored treats, sweets and of course the drink itself.  I use it to flavor things like coffee and french toast.  I use it to bake with in cookies and cakes.  I love it and I guarantee this will not be my only eggnog type recipe this season.





I'm sure there are many recipes similar to this but I made this up all on my own.  I love the combination of spicy gingersnaps (or gingerbread) and creamy eggnog and I love no bake recipes. 

What you'll need.
30 Gingersnap cookies (about half the box)
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (4oz)
1 cup eggnog
3 cups whipped topping
5 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon nutmeg


step 1
Place gingersnap cookies in a food processer on high until they form a fine crumb. 


step 2
Mix melted butter and cookie crumbs in a 9inch pie plate and pat down to form crust.


step 2 1/2
While measuring your eggnog, make sure you pour yourself a cup.  I added rum and nutmeg to mine.  Yum.


step 3
Mix the vanilla pudding, eggnog, and nutmeg together in a medium sized bowl, until it
thickens. 


step 4
Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.  You can add less whipped topping if you want this more puddingy and less creamy.  It's up to you.


step 5
Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly.


step 6
Then spread one cup of whipped topping over the top of the pie.  Chill for 2 to 8 hours.  The longer you let it chill the softer the crust will become.  It never gets really soft but if you serve this after two hours the crust will be a little crispy.  I like to let it sit overnight.




Hope you enjoy.

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the recipe card visit here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course I would love to hear your comments and thanks for dropping by.